boiler wont light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
baxi solo2 50pf.boiler start up ok fan runs but no spark to ignition.suspect faulty air pressure switch..any way i can check it to make sure.

Sponsored Links
You need a RGI to take a look, it could be a faulty gas valve, as the PCB is looking for coil resistance from the valve B4 it will commence ignition etc. this is beyond DIY!! ;)

Sponsored Links
are there any checks i can carry out to identify the problem.? be it a.p.s/p.c.b.etc.if its going to get too costly,thinking of complete replacement.already cost for new fan,ignition electrode,lead.approx 14yr old.appreciate the help.

Baxi solo 2 aps is not in combustion chamber,its on a bracket at the back bottom right of the boiler,should have red&black plastic tubes from switch to 2 aluminium tubes coming down from back of boiler,they crack with heat&age.

In theory you can check the operation of the APS by measurements at the PCB end of the cable.

However, that needs good electronics knowledge and the PCB is rather restricted in space and does not lend itself for much diagnostic tests.

Tony

In theory you can check the operation of the APS by measurements at the PCB end of the cable.

However, that needs good electronics knowledge and the PCB is rather restricted in space and does not lend itself for much diagnostic tests.

Tony
i have electrical/electronic exp.any idea what values im looking for and where on pcb.many thanks in anticipation.:cool:

I am sorry but you have already demonstrated that you have tampered with gas/safety aspects of the boiler.

If you dont have sufficient electronics experience to know what to measure then I would conclude that it would not be safe for you to try to make those measurements.

My suggestion is that you call an experienced boiler engineer.

Tony

I am sorry but you have already demonstrated that you have tampered with gas/safety aspects of the boiler.

If you dont have sufficient electronics experience to know what to measure then I would conclude that it would not be safe for you to try to make those measurements.

My suggestion is that you call an experienced boiler engineer.

Tony
took your advise,rgi.now sorted.with thanks.

I hope that he is a good one and will be able to identify the fault.

Do tell us what the fix was.

If he gets stuck then you can get him to call me ( after 0930 please ) and I will try to help him.

Tony

He said it is SORTED agile!!

The other day I too thought about specsavers but then I found after fixing a biasi was molested by prianka the customers corgi.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back