hotpoint WD420 f05 lights 2&4 pressure sw stuck on full

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noted that rocks 1 listed the fault codes for this model - thanks
any one any idea how i go about fixing the above fault?

Sponsored Links
Filter is blocked remove rear lower White cover. In that space is a black cup with a jubilee clip round it. Undo it and clear the stuff in the filter , you could be rich?

Hi Rocks,

I have the same problem - I have cleared the filter but the machine does not go past the wash cycle before coming up with the same issue. Forgot to put the ball back in on the first go - have now done that. Any suggestions as to what to do next?

Does the pump run , is the waste pipe clear.

Sponsored Links
This is the second time I have had the

f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full

fault. The first time I got a chap in, he showed me the issue and fixed it. This time I thought I would give it a go myself. Managed to unblock the filter. Forgot to put the ball back in when I reassembled. The pump seemed to work (as I also didn't tighten the outlet pipe back on well enough) and thus the floor got soaked again. Anyway, the ball is now back in, but I am still getting the same fault.

I note from some other posts that you have done on other machines that potentially this could be a pump issue. Is the pump the thing after the filter? Where would I order an additional part from?

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

JohnG

Yes the pump is in the corner next to the sump / filter. It's got a plastic cap on it and 2 wires go to it. Have you taken the pump out and check there's nothing jamming the impeller. Ie elastic band / bra wire. Undo the 2 hoses to check. Pump you can buy anywhere eBay or google its about 20 quid.

Rocks - one of my girls hair clips - just doing a test wash now - hopefully the pump will work else I'll get a new one. Thanks for your help!

Told you , that's the problem jammed in the pump was it. Happy washing. :)

Rocks,

Have now completed 2 test washes all is well. I was about to skip the machine and get a new one! Thanks so much for your help!

John_G

WASHER WILL NOT DRAIN - CLOTHES STUCK INSIDE WASHER :( HAVENT A CLUE WHAT TO DO!! TRYED TURNING IT OFF FOR 10 MINUTES STILL THE SAME.

Clean the filter out and the pump found at the back , remove the rear white cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back