washing machine may or may not be broken - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine is being a bit odd. It took a walk across the floor when on top spin, then when I opened it up the drum seemed to have come adrift. However, I gave it a pull (not very hard) and it popped back into place. Or at least, I think its in place! It turns normally, no clanking noises, it doesn't lift up and down so I don't think the bearings are gone, but I don't know for sure.
How can I check its back in place without risking water all over my kitchen floor?
Help, I have a small baby who keeps dirtying things, I don't think I can go without a washing machine!

Sponsored Links
Look underneath see if the suspension has come adrift post make and model number up.

I can't lift it to look underneath. Will have to wait until my husband comes home.
Its an Indesit WIL1635

My friend says to put a couple of towels in and set it to spin to check its okay. Will this cause more harm, or is it okay to do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back