External Isolator Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, please can you help with the correct wiring of a 3 pole external isolator switch. Carrying 32a from 10mm armoured cable to power a hot tub.
Inside the switch box are 4 connectors top ( L1 L2 L3), 4 connectors bottom (T1 T2 T3) both top and bottom have 1 connector which I am assuming is switched another way as it shows a switch on the box.
To the left of the connectors are 2 seperate connections showing Earth and N.
I only have the supply in and 1 load out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You have there a 3 phase isolator.

You only have one phase to switch.

But I suspect your hot tub requires poth poles to be disconnected. In which case you connect your live and neutral across two poles of the switch, and the earth to the earth terminal, to ensure constant continuity.

What would the switch section be for on the very right of the isolator?
would that be a for a switched live or suchlike?

Please get someone who actually knows what they are doing, before the users of this hot tub are seriously injured or worse.

Mistakes with electrical circuits are always bad, but for a hot tub, you really cannot afford to get it even slightly wrong.

Sponsored Links
The far right hand pole with 'a switch' marked on it is the neutral. Your other three poles are for the three phases.

If using it for single phase you would normally place the lives into far left pole, and the neutral into the third pole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back