Britony combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I have a Britony combi boiler that is on a pressurised system with one of those large cylinders and a pressure vessel in the airing cupboard.

The boiler has been off for some time and now when I have come to fire it up the following happens.

When I call for heat the system starts and i hear the gas ignite. On the front of the boiler is a row of verticle green led lights. They illuminate one by one when it gets to the last one the boiler cuts out. When I press the reset the boiler does the same thing again.

Today following this some heat got to the rads but i had to keep resetting the boiler to make it work.

When i call for hot water the boiler starts but makes no effort to fire.

The pressure on the boiler in 1.5 to 2 bar.

Any advice please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
did you notice if the spark generator is still running to the point it locks out? probalby the board but needs some one to check that the flame sensing probe and wire is ok

The spark did finish shortly after the gas ignited. the pumpdid make a horrendous noise until i topped up the pressure via the filling loop.
Thansk for quick reply

Thats an older and not very popular boiler. I suggest you start saving up for a new one.

A proper service might be a good idea but you will find it difficult to find many engineers who are familiar with them.

Tony

Sponsored Links
if it goes to main flame and then cuts out more or less straight away it could be an Air pressure switch problem or dirty venturi, really not sure as Agile said maybe time to get someone in to look at it, the hot water problem could be related to a board fault or it could just be that the diaphragm has split or the micro switch does not work

Kev thats the original Brit combi that your thinking about, they changed the design on the SE version, sadly plenty got fitted in this area, so have the unfortunate pleasure! :D

where is Mr Mouse when you need him, he always finds that extra special way to describe a French boiler!!

OPs have been known to confuse vertical and horizontal lights before.

Some people even drive through red ones!

Thanks guys definately verticle green led's just to the left of the pressure dial.

The boiler was working fine on the time clock and since the pressure has dropped and then re preesurised the problems have occured.

I will get the GC number tomorrow butI can say it is a Britony system plus 100 and was installed in 2001.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back