Fitting a video door spy hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am wanting to fit a video door eyespy but I'm not sure to put it above, or below my normal one.

I have a normal one that is exactly 5 foot from the floor. So should I put it above or below?

Please note that, the video eyespy has a 92 degree viewing angle but not sure what that is.

It's exactly like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCTV-Door-Eye...-/330474172461?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4cf1cbb02d

Also is there a better way to make the hole? the flat wood drill bit don't do a very clean job. Tested it on a old bit of wood.

Thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Also is there a better way to make the hole? the falt wod drill bit don't do a very clean job. Tested it on a old bit of wood.

slightly below i would say 90 deg veiwing angle is 45 up and 45 down from horizontal

if your using a flatbit
drill till the point breaks thro then drill from the other side
you will then get a clean hole
make sure the bit is sharp ;)

Thanks kevplumb. I have done the job today. You only get one chance at this, so must do it right first time.

The wood drill bit I had was no good, it were cheap and blunt. So had to go and buy a bosch bit for £8. Don't think i will ever use it again. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks kevplumb. I have done the job today. You only get one chance at this, so must do it right first time.

The wood drill bit I had was no good, it were cheap and blunt. So had to go and buy a bosch bit for £8. Don't think i will ever use it again. :)

Cheap compared to a new door though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back