Candy TCP21/1 Oven Element replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the element on the above cooker.

The LED at the control knob illuminates, and the fan comes on, so I am assuming that power is getting to the right area.
I had a quick look, and it seems that there is only a circular fan element to this model,,,,
but I can't see how to get it out to test/replace.

Whilst this may (probably) not have anything to do with this, there are 4 screws on the flange just inside the door. The two lateral ones have easy access, whereas the bottom two are behind the door hinges. How would one get to these if it were needed at some point ?

Is this work notifiable ?

thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
General rule on ovens is if the thmostat light comes on and fan, no heat in oven is the element gone. Is your element at the back as you look inside the oven at the rear if so remove the 4 rear screws then 1 screw for the element. Plenty of vids on you tube shows you how to do it.

Thanks Rocks,

There dosn't seem to be a top & bottom element (in the lower oven).
There is a perforated back panel where the fanned air/heat come through.

I know that some models have all three elements,,, and some have the T & B, & just a fan for circulation.

I'll have a look on you-tube - never thought of that !

cheers

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the back panel to gain access to the fan oven element. Depending on the element you can either find that it is screwed in from the inside of the cavity or has studs on and you need to remove a back panel to undo some nuts to remove the element.

Always ensure the power is off first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back