Worcester Bosch 24CDi - hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help!

We have had this boiler for 12 years now. 3 years ago we had the heat exchanger, pump & curcuit board replaced and the whole system power flushed through. This resolved the banging noises and poor rad performance. Since we had that work done, it has worked perfectly but for some reason the boiler will not fire up when we want the heating on.

We last had it on in May and worked fine and the water is heating up as normal when the hot water tap goes on but when we put have tried to put on the heating, it wont work and won't fire up.

We have tried putting the thermostat on full and although it clicks, nothing fires up the boiler. The radiator dial has a red light above it and i wondered if that meant anything.

I would like to try what we can without having to pay someone to come out if possible, so any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the heating light is on then the external controls are fine.

are there any noises from the boiler at all?

Sponsored Links
if the heating light is on then the external controls are fine.

are there any noises from the boiler at all?

Nope, none. It fires up perfectly for hot water and runs quite quietly as normal but when we try to put the heating on, absolutely nothing. the pressure is 1.5 bars and has not changed or dropped at all. It is strange as it has been working perfectly well until now!

Thanks

if the hot water is working perfectly and not being able to do any real tests i would have to say there's a stuck relay on the pcb.

give it a gentle tap around the grey pcb housing to see if that jars it into life. :LOL:

fun_84.gif

To be honest, 12 years old on a combi is considered to be at the end of its life to be fair, which I know is something not all people want to hear.

I would never have a combi in my house ever and when people ask for one I install it for them but only ever after pointing out the drawbacks and lifespan of the appliance is one of them :rolleyes:

if the hot water is working perfectly and not being able to do any real tests i would have to say there's a stuck relay on the pcb.

give it a gentle tap around the grey pcb housing to see if that jars it into life. :LOL:

Thanks - still nothing. I can't see a flame but it kicks in when the hot tap is on. I have read other forums and some people 'reseting' it. Can i do that? I suppose i may ahve to get someone to do some tests afterall.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Thanks - still nothing. I can't see a flame but it kicks in when the hot tap is on. I have read other forums and some people 'reseting' it. Can i do that? I suppose i may ahve to get someone to do some tests afterall.

Thanks for trying to help though.

you have gone as far as you can. time for an expert. :)

To be honest, 12 years old on a combi is considered to be at the end of its life to be fair, which I know is something not all people want to hear.

I would never have a combi in my house ever and when people ask for one I install it for them but only ever after pointing out the drawbacks and lifespan of the appliance is one of them :rolleyes:

i have a different opinion. if the parts are available and it's not a safety risk it hasn't seen the end of it's lifespan yet.

i have a different opinion. if the parts are available and it's not a safety risk it hasn't seen the end of it's lifespan yet.

I beleive the saying is ' good money after bad'.........

Pablo, dont BG have a policy of ' its over ten years old we cant get the parts Mrs' :LOL: ;)

thought that was just on there insurance cover? got a mate who works for bg and he says a lot of stuff is down to the engineer, however he did drive to hull some time ago to pick a heat exchanger up for a little old lady so she would have heating for the weekend, now i will leave you to guess which boiler it was!! shouldn't be hard, so I think they do get bad press :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back