Cold water tank size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, been to look at a leak in the ceiling of the gents toilets at a public house. On climbing into the loftspace, found the steel cold water storage tank to be leaking. Got go ahead to replace with plastic type with bylaw 30 kit. My question is what size is the smallest i can get away with as the hatch is only small. The current tank is a 50 gallon but it is only feeding 2 low flush toilet cisterns. It is also run in 28mm pipe. The wc's are directly below the tank and the cubicles are side by side. Will i be able to fit a 25 gallon tank and what size feed pipe should i use?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Can you not run it direct with a double check valve and replace the ball valves with a type 'A' air gap? or do local water regulations prohibit this?

Tank should be fitted with a Byelaw 30 kit to ensure that the water stays clean inside the tank.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back