Dim Pull wiring and types?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have seen these things on the internet thingy and may have a good use for one but need to ask anyone who may have used them or know the different connection types.

My plan is to have the dimpull to contrl the main lighting, and obviously dim as required, now my question, xtractor fan, does the switch have a constant 240V Live out which would be the trigger to the fan and does this remain at 240V regardless of the dimmer output to the main light? If so I have some led mood lighting to install and basically will use this 240V live out to feed the led lighting while the main lighting is dimmed to give effect..Possible?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Mine works perfectly, the minimum light level before the dimmer cycles to ramp up is plenty bright enough to avoid danger, but low enough to give a relaxed ambiance.

Someone has posted on here a special dimmer which has an output specifically for your situation.

I have fitted this one:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...ng_Accessories~Dimmers_All/Dimpull/index.html

it only has a dimmable output, not a switched live which remains at 230v,
as it is a two way switch, you could connect a relay to the live pole, which when the switch is pulled, allows the relay to de-energise and switch a live to the fan & led lights, not particularly elegant, but it would work.

Except it say's on the site that it is a ONE WAY switch...

It might be worth contacting Dimpull directly, as the TLC site says:
The product is NOT suitable for use where Bathroom fans are installed
Whereas if you follow the link on the TLC webpage to the Tech Info, it says:
General Information:-
The product is double insulated and does not require an earth, however to meet certain wiring regulations and for convenience, an earth terminal is provided in the base
The operating voltage range of the product is 220-240volts
The maximum current capacity of the product is 250watts with a Minmum 50watts.
The product is suitable for use where Bathroom fans are installed.
Two Knock-outs are provided in the base to allow cable access to the terminal block.
Two screw holes are provided for securing the product to a solid fixing
This product is not suitable for fluorescent loads

spot on, thnx guys, will contact dimpull and let you know of their answers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back