Water Tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have 2 water tanks in my loft, one large and one small, can someone tell me what they are both for? I'm guessing the big one fills up the hot water tank in the airing cupboard but not sure what the small one is for??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thank you - have no idea but I wont worry about it. Also should there be covers on top of them? (I've only recently moved into the house so not sure if they are meant to have lids :LOL:

oh right, so the boiler heats up the water and pumps it round the radiators and or the water tank so it uses the same water pumping round the system? I am going to start using the heating soon as its getting cold should I bleed the radiators first to remove any air that might be in them??

large one is as you say the feed to your hot water cylinder the smaller one is the header tank for your heating

And also provides cold water to your bathroom taps & toilet/s

Andy

And also provides cold water to your bathroom taps & toilet/s do you mean to tell me that the dirty water in the lidless tank is what I'm washing my teeth with?!! Interestingly though the big water tank only fills up when the hot water is being used, I know this as its sooooo loud :LOL:

If the large tank in the loft does not fill when running the cold taps it is more than likely they are fed from the mains. Try turning off the stop cock then run your cold taps, if nothing comes out they are mains, if they run as normal they are tank fed.

actually come to think about it upstairs is mains fed I turned the water off at the mains not long ago and nothing came out of the taps. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back