Painting new plaster in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
i have just re plaster boarded and plastered my ceiling in my bathroom. it has only had one thin coat of plaster yesterday morning. it had now gone "white" all over.

the question is would it be ok to paint already or is it advisable to leave longer. the problem i have is the bathroom fitters are coming in on thurs so not got much time. i have read i can use supermatt paint so that the plaster can still breath but surely this will cause dampness in the plaster once the bathroom is being used.

please can someone help me.

also wt paint is advisable to use on a bathroom ceiling??? i've been told eggshell but then been told the vinyl silk i have for the ceilings in the other rooms can be used.

Sponsored Links
I`ve just done mine :idea: and as I get it skimmed free by my son - I spend some £ on the paint . I used Water Based Zinsser primer/sealer followed by 2 coats of ( Johnstones) acrylic eggshell. Of course there are cheaper options . I used a 4 inch acrylic bristle brush , cuz it`s not a big room and I like to keep my hand in ;). also zin dries and is recoatable quickly . only 1 coat of it needed and it doesn`t splash everywhere like cheap emulsion diluted : You pays your £ and takes your choice : Ford Ka or Bentley Mulsanne ;)

It should really be left around 7-10 days to allow residual moisture to evaporate. You don’t need anything special to mist prime, ordinary cheapo matt white emulsion thinned 25-30%, 2-3 coats in quick succession, leave over night & then apply your chossen paint finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back