Gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you build an extension over an existing gas pipe. The pipe is after the meter, i.e. presumably not the responsibility of the gas supplier.

Is there a Corgi regulation on this?

Sponsored Links
You can if your registered gas installer takes the appropriate precautions.

But for future access/maintenance it would be better to route it where its accessible.

Tony

You can if your registered gas installer takes the appropriate precautions.

But for future access/maintenance it would be better to route it where its accessible.

Tony

Thanks. I am not a RGI but I was curious as to what precautions were needed in order to allow it to remain in place.

What are the CORGI regulations on this? I would like to know it can be done safely first

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

so WHO sets the rules and regulations for taking the relevant precautions to keep the gas supply in place, if its not Corgi????

Gas Safe do (re-read Kev's post and you'll see he's already told you this ;) )

CORGI haven't been in charge for nigh on 18 months

No point in considering re-routing it until you need to - only if the pipe is one day required to be of a larger size, or there is a leak, although it would be wise to do a tightness test before building over it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back