Replacement lock & handle for frameless glass door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into an appartment where the street door is a frameless glass door with a chrome-plated lever handle and what looks like a standard brass lock cylinder.

Unfortunately the lock was broken and although we can close it we cannot deadlock it.

The handle appears to be fixed to the glass with silicone or epoxy. I am hoping it's the former, not the latter.

Can anyone point me to a site or offer information on how to replace the lock? Do I need to replace the whole handle, or can I simply replace the cylinder?

Also I need to know which brands and models of locking handles will work with this type of door. We are in France, but if we cannot get a suitable one here we can get it shipped mail-order.

The usual requirement for a UK insurer for the main exit door would be a 5 lever mortice deadlock, or equivalent.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could you post a picture ?
The normal UK insurance standard would be a lock to British Standard 3621. This can be achieved by a mortice lock or a high end cylinder lock.
Best guess is that you will looking for a euro cylinder (single or double) but without a picture it is difficult to give you best advice.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

A picture would be nice but if your willing to trawl the net then you need to google 'armour plate' locks.

I've fitted plenty of armour plate doors in my time but never had to source parts for them so good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back