Regulations for Cooker Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with what the rules are regarding the location of a Cooker switch?

I'm going to have a cooker point installed in my new house. Kitchen is very new but no electric point was fitted. I've had a couple of companys around to quote but they have told me to different things. One has suggested putting the switch for the cooker inside the cupboard next to the cooker to minimise any disruption to the kitchen. The other said this was not allowed as the switch had to be accessible.

The first option is cheaper and advoids other complications like trying to find a a cooker switch that matches the rest of the sockets.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Steve

I've just moved into the house. There is a space for a range cooker and only a gas connection. The cooker we want is dual fuel range.

Cheers

Andy

Well you COULD hide the switch, but consider access to it should you need to disconnect in a hurry - there will be pots and pans in the way, and future users of the cooker may not know its even there.

Its also not in the spirit of the regs.

If you post a picture of the sockets present, we might be able to find a match for them in a cooker switch. Theres many online suppliers.

Sponsored Links
Not only should it be easily accessible and at least within 2 metres of the appliance, should they be clearly visable too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back