Hot water taking minutes (from combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatline boiler, the central heating is working fine, but hot water takes forever. Runs lukewarm after about 20 seconds, then minutes to become hot. It happens on all taps/bath, the tap closest to the boiler being the same.

The boiler fires up immediately the tap's turned on.

Please look at the picture of the front panel of the boiler, according to the last guy out to do a boiler landlord's check, this is how it should be set up.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a thermostatic shower mixer?

If you have, I'm wondering about dodgy non-return valves. Maybe try turning cold water feed off to boiler and see if you still get any water out of the hot taps; I don't think there should be any.

Sponsored Links
tell us more about your boiler! do you have a 24kw or 30 kw? run the tap slowly, does it get hot? also put your hand on the left hand pipe at the bottom of the boiler, is it getting hot while the hot water is on? it could be your divertor valve playing up, plastic inside and they break easily

Diverters "let by" for a pastime on these.
Any mixer can be faulty and produce similar results, it doesn't have to be a shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back