aaaarrrggh! Homeserve & my boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I wonder if anyone can give me some ideas...?

While I was on holiday, my boiler pilot light went out and would not light again. My Mother in law called homeserve to fix it!

So far, we have had the engineers out 4 times and it's still not fixed. We have had no hot water or central heating now for a few weeks.

The Homeserve engineers ordered the wrong parts. They have now fitted a replacement fan (tried PCB, thermocouple?) which does now mean that the boiler lights. They went away thinking it was fixed, when I got in from work I saw that it was going on and off, only staying on for about 5 seconds which means that the water is only getting between warm and cold!

I'm going to call them in the morning but I am so sick of this now.

Its an Ideal C95FF.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Sponsored Links
hi mick,
you hear the fan start up, it lights and stays on for about 5 secs and then goes off.. then it will kick in again and light again.. just goes on and off and the hot water is going from warm ( i wouldnt say its getting hot) to cold.

there also seems to be a slight drip from somewhere...?

Does the heating work, or is it the same as the hot water?

Sponsored Links
when we tried the heating it stayed on for longer but did go off after about 30 seconds.

right flame rectifactaion is out
1 dirty prob
2 broken lead
3 pcb

leak however could cause pcbs to blow

I think you may well have a fan/flue related problem and as such I can't give you specific advice because of the safety aspects. It's RGI stuff.

Thanks - i understand.

I just wanted to try to get a bit of back up before i call homeserve again tomorrow. I have a feeling that this is going to drag on and on. They (all 3 engineers) didn't really seem to have a clue!

:mad:

good luck with it, let us know what happens.

here is somee very good advise change the boiler, you have one heap of s***te there

well it is an ideal.
ROFL.gif

I never fitted one of these tho

These boilers switch on the neutrals an can be a right pain in the arse to work on.

homeserve sub a lot of work eaga (warmsure) way

warmsure office staff are useless, most of there lads seem ok tho but they do deal with a lot of ****e.

they work on every boiler under the sun with no backup whats so ever.

so pls dont blame the engineers you have had. they are delt ****e all day everyday. I mean just look at your boiler for instance

Icos,Isar,powermax,neatheat,back boilers, loads of ideal ****e, europer, c80ff c95ff response minimiser sine18s worcester cdis just to name a few
so give them a break i wonder how many Rgis on this site would work for eaga???????????????????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back