Shower's Hot and Cold water does not mixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone what I can do to fix my shower? It is brand new but it does not mix water. I jst never used it until recently when I discovered it does not work and it is now out of warranty.
The manufacturer of shower is GROHE. At one end it has got the rotary know for setting the temperature. Other side it controls the flow of water. If I set the temperature to cold the water will run cold. If I move it towards warm, the temperature does not change gradually. It suddenly moves from cold to boiling hot. It seems as it does not allow the cold and hot water to mix. Any help is most appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
a couple of common possibilities

1) the hot inlet has got the cold water pipe connected to it, and vice-versa

2) you have got high pressure cold water from the mains, and low pressure hot water from a tank and cylinder

If either of these is the case, the mixer was fitted by someone who didn't know what he was doing :oops:

Sponsored Links
Did you sort out the problem? I am having exact same issue with new Grohe shower so am interested in how you resolved it.

jct you would be far better starting your own post ,unlikely original op will reply after several years.check out johnd post above yours ,good things for you to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back