low water temperature os my saunier duval SD623 boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
low water temperature os my saunier duval SD623 boiler?

the heating works ok but the hot water is not very hot anymore. The boiler kicks in OK when the HW tap is opened and keeps running, but even with the stat set to max it won't give a hot bath. I'm guessing the the heat exchanger has become furred up. But looking at the price of the part alone £452 inc don't want to go that route yet.could it be anything else?

mike french
September 2010

Sponsored Links
Turn the tap on with your heating cold, leave it running for a while and see if your rads or pipes start to heat

P.S. saunier duval are ****

623 :eek: oh mu god, ha Kev just realised, what a piece of ****e, get rid of it you tight get it owes you nothing :LOL:

Sponsored Links
£452 form where i can get them for £290 inc, but i'd cahrge you £500 to fit it

UMM!!...I thought this was meant to be a help website!! So far "scrap it" seems to be the thread. I've worked for 40 years repairing washing machines and yes some are harder that others to repair BUT you take the rough with the smooth. After all, we are meant to be professionals!!
Too often you hear that phrase " man came around and said its not worth repairing, buy a new one"
If you can still get the parts it must be worth a try is my motto!!
Maybe I should get back on the road with a nice new van and condemn everything I see , after taking a £60 callout fee of course!!. Wouldn't even need any spares or gas certification if I never touch it!!!!

ok if thats the attitude you wan't to take feel free no skin of me

the boiler is NOT worth throwing that sort of money at

they where not that good new marginally better than the 620 tho

which isn't saying much

if you wan't to spend money and repair the heap

which will prob leak like a seive afterwards
if you e mail me i have the mi's

did you try ollies suggestion btw :?:

yes did try his suggestion but no heating coming into the rad circuit. so must presume that HE is furred up. as the water is running through OK and the burner is fired up but water is not very hot at all.
Anyway manged for find a new HE on eBay for £100 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150489941542&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT)
so going to give it a go. this will be its and maybe mine last shot!!
cheers
Mike

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back