Cistern to urinal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some advice there is a valve attached to the mains supply which goes directly into the cistern to the urinals it has a sensor on it ans turns the valve on when someone comes into the toilets but it seems to be staying on for to long causing the urinals to flow over the sides is there anyway of adjusting the time they are on for ?

Sponsored Links
They are overflowing because they are blocked :mad: the sensor needs replacing too :idea: the cistern will fill @ a different rate according to the sensor but the discharge amount from the cistern will be the same

If the Urinals are overflowing it's down to poor drainage and not the Cistermiser unit the cistern is a syphonic unit and dumps a whole tankfull once the cistern is full, the cistermiser mearly delays the time taken to fill the cistern to the point where it dumps, you need to clear the partial blockage in the drains (nice!!) ;)

think they are called sytemisers, changed a few back in my apprentice days, think they work off motion, if it is a timer and no ones touched it and it always worked before might be fooked, best off asking 1 of the plumbiing lads, i dont deal with them anymore, central heating mainly now

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys guys i think i need to give you some more info lol

The waste pipes and traps are all new so no blockage in there the water is spraying over the side of the urinal from where it sprays into the bowl as if there is to much pressure from the sprayer it had a standard drip valve origionally and worked fine didnt spray over the side and only a couple of days ago the sensor valve was fitted and since then it has sprayed over the side of the urinal but it also does a flush twice rather than once as if to much water is going into the cistern

yea they have phoned him he is going to come back but was wondering if how you adjust these valves

The addition of a cistermiser wont make them spray over,all its function is to fill the cistern on demand whether that be motion sensor,pressure sensor or time delay.It job is no different to a pep cock.If its spraying over now i see no reason why it wasnt spraying over before unless youve missed something thats been carried out other than fitting the cistermiser.

if its spraying over the sides it could be as simple as the discharge heads from the splice set are slightly misaligned and pointing towards the side,or normal cause is blocked waste pipe either through urine crystals or more commonly for banks of urinals syphonige problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back