Candy Washing Machine GOF462-80 Grand'O

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This little baby started to walk around on it's first wash and I quickly found out that the loving 'friend' who installed it for me didn't take out the travel screws.

It tripped the RCD at the end of the first wash and there was a faint burning smell.

I've removed the transit screws and was hoping that this might sort the problem however..

It's now only flashing lights constantly whenever I try to start any program and not starting up...

Any ideas (other than teaching a certain 'mate' to learn how to read instructions!)????

Sponsored Links
The words "tripped RCD" & "burning smell" used in the same sentence sound ominous. Forgetting to remove transport bolts can completely wreck your machine. Often the tub gets busted & water can leak onto the electrical components...it can also wreck just about everything else. You really need someone to assess the extent of the damage. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :cry:

OK, not good I take it....

What would be the best way to assess this... I'm quite happy taking these things apart (and putting them back together) It's just that I usually rely on service manuals or youtube and am not having any joy on either front!

Thanks

These machines manifest error codes via flashing of the first led on the top right hand side. It should flash "x" times, pause for 5 seconds, then repeat (indicating a particular fault). Perhaps you should check that before opening up the washer. At least it may give an initial indication. If there is a valid error indication post it here. Then you can pull the plug & disconnect the water/waste & remove the lid & back plate. To start with have a good peek in there for any obvious physical damage.

Sponsored Links
There are 4 lights (including the start light) that are flashing continuously with no pause, They are; start, 3h, and the two right hand button lights.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like your pcb has popped....(& probably where the "burning smell" originated).

Can I repair this myself? If so, where's the best place to get a new PCB and does it need any element of programming?

Thanks

No point in getting the pcb fixed or buying a new one if there is major damage elsewhere. You really need to get in there & have a good look around. There are company's who repair washer pcb's, this is one http://www.emwelec.co.uk/ (a repaired pcb does not need programming). If you get a new pcb it will probably cost around 70 pounds from these people http://www.espares.co.uk/. Be sure to give them the full machine details & stipulate you need a pre-programmed pcb.
But you ought to check the original pcb for damage first....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back