Wastes and AAV v Hepvo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The soil pipe for my bathroom just goes straight down to the ground floor and if you look down it I can see water, I'm guessing some sort of sewer trap?

There is no venting on it at all. I was planning on using this

71300.jpg

where it comes up through the upstairs floor and needs to turn 90 to enter the bathroom. Then continue the soil pipe up to the loft and fit an AAV to vent it all. The shower, bath and basin join into one 40mm pipe and join the stack with this:

32314.jpg

Just below the branch.

If I can avoid having to run 110mm pipe up the corner of the bedroom it'd be good, I think I understood the regs that say the AAV must be higher that the highest point on the waste IE the basin overflow? Can I run HepVo traps on the basin, bath and shower and do away with the vent completely or does the soil stack need more venting than these can provide?

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
From reading building regs and the soil stack when we moved in used a branch the same as the one I showed in the pic but it had a cap on the top with a 1/2inch hole drilled in it

right so if your gonna vent it take it through the roof

an AAV is not a substitute for a proper vent

depending on the drainage lay out ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi, you might have fitted the soilstack already but just in case you haven't: I've just done the plumbing on my bathroom and done away with the ugly stack, which I've replaced with two Hepvo's. After a lot off research on the web I've found enough info that set my mind at ease. So far everything runs well (2 months). The draining is fine and there is no smell whatsoever. If need be I've got access to both Hepvo's in case they become faulty.

Good luck!

The soil pipe for my bathroom just goes straight down to the ground floor and if you look down it I can see water, I'm guessing some sort of sewer trap?

Thanks
Adam

Blocked drain or backfall. The only 'trap' on a soil pipe drain is usually on older Victorian era drains in the manhole and is the last point accessible before it goes to the public sewer.AKA interceptor.

Thanet

Hi, you might have fitted the soilstack already but just in case you haven't: I've just done the plumbing on my bathroom and done away with the ugly stack, which I've replaced with two Hepvo's. After a lot off research on the web I've found enough info that set my mind at ease. So far everything runs well (2 months). The draining is fine and there is no smell whatsoever. If need be I've got access to both Hepvo's in case they become faulty.

Good luck!
AAAV’s & Hepvo’s deal with negative pressure, how does your foul drain system vent positive pressure, have you got at least one open stack elsewhere on the system? If not then it doesn’t comply with Building Regs as your foul drain is not positively vented; could prove to be interesting at some point! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back