roller or spray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, due to redecorate my new house soon and i'm planning on stripping/painting the whole lot before moving in.

There will be new plaster, so a lot of emulsion shall be used before the walls are finished with a colour.

So, having seen a cordless spray gun in a mag today, are they worth purchasing, and if so, can anyone reccommend me any decent models at affordable rates?

Cheers all.

Sponsored Links
Spray units such as you describe do have a part to play in the world of decorating. However I would in your situation advise against them.

Here my choice would be the roller, and forget the spray units and the problems that they can often offer.

Dec.

If you want to spray emulsion you need an airless sprayer given that emulsion is difficult to atomise.

unless you can justify paying a grand for a professional unit or £150 per week hire then I would agree that a roller would be best.

I have £450 HVLP turbine unit that sucks when it comes to waterbased paints.

Compressor based HVLP systems will be better than turbine ones but the overspray will be higher

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back