Gainsborough shower major problems

Presumably you have tested the water flow without the shower head attached? Gainsborough shower heads will give the appearance of a trickle flow when the rubber nozzle plate distorts.

Sponsored Links
So you think I've got some kind of blockage.

Yes

It runs hot and cold because the water cant flow through at a fast enough pace. Your shower is chucking its standard 9Kw or whatever of heat into water that cant get out quick enough so it overheats [hot water] and cuts the power off [cold water] as a safety precaution then resets itself and the cycle begins again

Have you turned the water off lately and not turned it back on properly :?:

Do you live in a hard water area :?:

Was the onset of this problem sudden or gradual :?:

Find out if the restriction is before, during or after the shower unit to point you to the cause

Could it be just the hose inner twisted up? Try it with the hose off.

Sponsored Links
Hello :)

Sorry to resurect this old post but I did a google search trying to work out whats wrong with my shower and found this :)

Exactly the same problem, its not the shower head, or the hose thingy bit?? Mine is a Gainsborough 10.5kw and isn't a year old yet (having had the first one replaced as the heating element went)

We do live in a hard water area, the water is switched on fully and we checked the filter so its not that :confused:

Just wondering if this was ever resloved and if anyone knows where we can look next

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back