Temperature tap on shower wont turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gravity fed system, with a 1.5bar pump in the loft feeding a thermostatic mixer shower Until today everything has been working fine.

My wife went to have a shower this morning and found that the temperature dial on the shower wouldn't turn fully. (It usually turns to a point, where you can then press a safety button to get it to go hotter) It wont turn as far as this point.

Where should I start in fixing the problem?

Sponsored Links
We have a gravity fed system, with a 1.5bar pump in the loft feeding a thermostatic mixer shower Until today everything has been working fine.

My wife went to have a shower this morning and found that the temperature dial on the shower wouldn't turn fully. (It usually turns to a point, where you can then press a safety button to get it to go hotter) It wont turn as far as this point.

Where should I start in fixing the problem?

Any ideas anyone? By turning really hard with a dry hand I've managed to turn it almost as far as it usually would. What could cause this to suddenly go stiff?

remove the cartridge and descale it.
may need new seals depending on what shower it is.

make/model ?

Sponsored Links
remove the cartridge and descale it.
may need new seals depending on what shower it is.

make/model ?

Thanks.

Not sure of the make or model. On the screw cover is a word written in a fancy script- looks like Bianca. However, when I search for Bianca Showers on Google, I get some strange results.

Maybe Bianra? I can take a photo but not sure if this would help or not.

The controls sit on a chrome plate on the wall which is sealed with sealant. Do you think this would need removal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back