Vortice Extractor.... new angle to previous question ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried bench testing two Lineo 100 T VO fans, wanted to hear them run for noise and pressure test pre fitting.

connected via plug and flex on desktop by wiring Live to L2 Neutral to N1 then bridging the live ( L2) to 3 ( switched live) and 4 ( full speed run )

Plugged this setup in and .............. zilch! on both fans !

OK now I am confused, anyone out there care to help me to bench test these .

Sponsored Links
As both fans do not work then I would look for somehting that is common to both fans

(Your wiring)

So...........Are you sure that you have power going to the fan?

As you do not have any test equipment (eg a test meter) try just connecting a 230V lamp across the line and neutral terminals to see if it lights up.

Hi thanks for that ,

I do have a simple DC circuit tester ( 9v type) and did wonder if this was the case. After the second failure I tested the fuse in the plug, and then the connection by placing one probe on the plug pin live and the other on the securing screw of L2 ... this showed as a good link. This was repeated with the neutral plug pin and the N1. The socket used was tried with another electric item and provided live indication. I therefore presumed that voltage was in fact flowing in my test rig, and if the wiring was correct as mentioned in post 1 , then it should have worked.

I repeat live to L2 neutral to N1, live bridged to both 3 and 4 , suggesting fastest speed selection and switch closed.

That should work.

I wonder if the timed function has to be initiated after power up? For example, try placing a switch as required before terminal 3. I have installed a number of these and never noted what happens if you have the fan/light on and turn the power to the circuit off and on again....

Sponsored Links
As suggested by Lectrician I did wonder if something in the switching and timing circuit might be the thing causing the bother. So today I wired a switch between a link from live and 3 ( switched live. Started the thing with switch off and circuit live. After a pause of no more than a second it switched on as the switch was made live.

Seems as we thought the thing needs that switching live to allow the fan to run ! Tried the delay timer and found as stated that it could easily be varied between about 3 mins and .... so long I got bored waiting. The fan its self is quiet but of course there is the noise made by the air circulation at the point of entry. I am sure that this will be suitable for my use.

Thanks to all for comment and assistance.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back