Replacing my Potterton PRT2 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been reading other similar threads and think I have the gist of what I need to do, but would be most grateful if someone could reassure me before I take the plunge.

The PRT2 has 4 terminals: COM, H, TL, and N. The wires are connected Blue to N, Red to TL and Yellow to H. In addition TL and COM are linked together.

On my new thermostat - a Horstman Centaurstat 7 the terminals are:

1 - L (Line)
2 - Load (Heat)
3 - Load (Cool)
4 - N (Parking)

I think that what I need to do is connect Red to 1 (L), Yellow to 2 (Heat), and Blue to 4 (N).

The thing I'm a bit unsure of, is whether or not I need to connect the Blue, as it's shown as a dotted line on the circuit diagram. Also I'm guessing that I don't need to link any terminals together.

Thank you all in advance, for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
why would you want to replace such a great therostat ?!

You can get replacements on ebay if needed.

But yes your wiring would be correct.

may as well connect the blue, for somewhere to park it

no need to link any terminals

Thank you Andy,

I am replacing the thermostat for a 7 day programmable one. I have 3 pesky teenagers who play about with the current device and don't always switch it back!

Thank you again, I feel much more confident now (... and looking forward to regaining control of my heating bill!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back