baxi instant combi 105e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well i,m back home again and looking foreward to some hot water soon when i have the boiler switched for hot water and turn on the hot tap the boiler fires up but still no hot water it,s had lots of new bits and bits cleaned out every time something renewed something else goes three way valve was first which leaked and took with it the motorised switch and cable and pcb with it followed by the pump but whats stopping the hot water comming help please paul

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is actually firing up? or is it just making promising noises, if it is firing up check to see if the heat is creeping around the radiators this would indicate a failed Diverter valve, however I suspect that the burner is not actually firing ;)

well i,m back home again and looking foreward to some hot water soon when i have the boiler switched for hot water and turn on the hot tap the boiler fires up but still no hot water it,s had lots of new bits and bits cleaned out every time something renewed something else goes three way valve was first which leaked and took with it the motorised switch and cable and pcb with it followed by the pump but whats stopping the hot water comming help please paul

Try running your tap slowly and let me know what happens, i feel it may be the Plate Heat as the boiler would fire up but you would get no hot at tap

Sponsored Links
i,ve had the hot water heat exchanger and flushed it best as i can with a little chemical to loosen the muck and a hose back and forth it did seem to be reasonable

turned tap on half way boiler fires up sounds like its getting hot (hissing ) still ho t water then cuts out approx 10 tto 20 second burn time

turned tap on half way boiler fires up sounds like its getting hot (hissing ) still ho t water then cuts out approx 10 tto 20 second burn time

I believe its the hot water thermistor mate, its a dry part that costs about £6.00 and is easily replaceable yourself unless and this could be bad news, is yours the instant?

Just to eliminate the silly faults, can you turn the cold water isolation valve to the boiler off and open a hot tap - does the tap still run?

answer to nogoodatfaultfinding yes it supposed to be an instant and to boilerman 2 the tap stops when the cold water isolation is off

answer to nogoodatfaultfinding yes it supposed to be an instant and to boilerman 2 the tap stops when the cold water isolation is off

Right mate get a good engineer in or even Baxi if you can afford it, its the brass section behind the divertor thats gone and not the divertor itself, its making the hot water cycle the boiler and overheat instantly.
Its a right bitch to change if you dont know what your doing but a 20 min job if you get the right guy in but i garantee that is what it is

is that what baxi call the pressure PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY behind the VALVE-DIFFERENTIAL-DHW if its that it looks strait foreward

is that what baxi call the pressure PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY behind the VALVE-DIFFERENTIAL-DHW if its that it looks strait foreward

yeah thats it, turn off the flow, return, and cold, drain the hot taps and drain the boiler from its internal drain off and undo the full assy, it really is a 20 min job if you know what your doing well maybe 40 mins tops, next thing to do is get the idiot back who messed up the rest of your boiler but never fixed it, if me and the guys on here can tell you online what the prob is then you should get twice the service infront of the machine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back