Main Combi 24 HE boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help?? I've been without hot water for the past 4 weeks and no heating for 4 weeks also. :(

Basically the boiler ignites then dims but goes straight out indicating flame failure on the boiler.

We've replaced the air pressure switch, checked the flume and the circuit board has been replaced.

The boiler is only 2 years old and we're running out of options!

Sponsored Links
chance are its pcb but before u waste more money why don`t you get rgi to have look :)

Thanks but we've changed the PCB already and wasnt that either!

How does your condensate run?
Undo te white pipe from underneath the boiler and blow down it reattach and try again.
If not it is most probably the flame recognition probe which is not realising the flame is there, both are minor faults on these excellent boilers

Sponsored Links
When you say "it dims" what do you mean. Flame or lights

You really need to call in someone who is qualified to work on gas,otherwise its guuess work and dangerous

Thanks for all posts of help!

Basically the boiler lights then dims which its supposed to do but instead of dimming it goes out. Then the boiler shows a red light against flame failure.

We've had a corgi registered engineer looking at it and he's stumped!

time to get another RGI in, sounds a pretty simple fault to me, it is a fairly simple boiler inside and remember you shouldn't have to pay for any parts supplied that do not fix the problem

We've had a corgi registered engineer looking at it and he's stumped!

Its better to find a Gas Safe registered engineer as they are usually more up to date.

You should certainly not have to pay for parts which do not effect a repair.

Did your CORGI check the gas valve settings? It probably only needs a little tweak!

Tony

Apparently yes the gas valve settings were checked.

The annoying thing is it ignites but within 5 minutes goes out!

There are TWO settings needing checking on the gas valve.

Are you quite sure he checked BOTH ?

Many people only check one of them!

Its the other which can cause this fault!

Tony

80%. Of the time on these main boilers it the air pressure switch, especially when the problem is intermittent.

I'm having issues with the same boiler too (see the other 24 HE thread) and having replaced the PCB - which was the faulty part supposedly diagnosed by the engineer that visited I still have the fault! urrrgggg!!!!!!

Anyway I was going to try the air pressure sensor next and it you're willing to sell it I might be interested?

drop me an email on [email protected]

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back