Vaillant ecoTEC plus 824 - water fine, no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently moved into a new place with an Vaillant ecoTEC plus 824, which has been providing me with hot water perfectly over the past 2 months. Now its time to turn on the central heating and I'm not getting anywhere. With the dial in either 'ON' or 'TIMER', nothing is happening- no radiator symbol on the display, no heat in the radiators, no sound from the boiler. I've tried changing the temperature- pushing it even to the maximum makes no difference.

The water is on the Warmstart system.

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to call somebody out?

Thanks for the help- much appreciated.

Claire

Sponsored Links
when you turn the heating knob does the numbers change on the display?

Sponsored Links
YES! :rolleyes:

I had totally forgotten about its existence (new flat easily done!)

I just moved it from zero and the boiler kicked into life...along with the radiator symbol on the display.

A million thank you's!

hi, I have the same problem except my thermostat is set to 30 degrees and nothing!

it says the room temp is 27 so I set it to 30 so it should decide to turn on the radiators to give me the extra heat right?

no radiator symbol & no heat & my poor little baby is getting cold at night now.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Have you set your boiler to the water AND heating position???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back