Vauxhall Vivaro 09 Reg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vauxhall Vivaro 2900 Cdti Lwb (Panel Van). It started to cough and splutter and then cut out. Upon restart it would run fine for a short time then repeat. I could negate this sometimes by changing gear up or down but it was very annoying. I booked it into Evans Halshaw. Problem was blocked injectors....no problem as the van is under warranty!!!!!! but low and behold I was informed a week later that the injectors were ceased in the engine. Furthermore, because the van had apparently had it's windscreen replaced which they claim was done improperly the warranty is void!!!! as water had got in behind the screen and rested on the engine block causing the problem. I can find loads of cases of the injector problems on line but no case of a warranty being rejected because of a windscreen being replaced and there was no evidence of water leaking into the engine or the van for that matter. Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
That's a lame excuse. I sometimes go into BT workshops, and they tell me it's a very common problem with the Vivaro, and sometimes they end up having to fit a new cylinder head. Be a bit firmer with your dealer !

There is no point trying to argue with the stealers on stuff like this. Go straight to vauxhall uk and take it up with them

He certainly has imagination the guy that thought of that excuse. Over here they usually blame bad diesel and you haven't a leg to stand on.

But the windscreen is a joke and should be treated by you as such. Just ask them in writing (registered letter) when the van will be ready for collection and the availability of a courtesy van all under warranty. If no courtesy van add in the hire of a van for the time you are without yours.

You could always send a copy to the head of sales at Vauxhall UK as well.

Sponsored Links
Just been given the same news on my 08 vivaro, told will pay for one new injector under warrenty, but because i have had a new windscreen fitted and it was not sealed correctly ( in there eyes ) and it has let in water to the cylinder block which as caused the injector to go rusty and therefore requiring the head to be removed and 4 new injectors at a cost of £2500.

So if you do not mind me asking how did you get on with your van repair ? did vauxhall pay for any of the costs ?

I have a Vauxhall Vivaro 2900 Cdti Lwb (Panel Van). It started to cough and splutter and then cut out. Upon restart it would run fine for a short time then repeat. I could negate this sometimes by changing gear up or down but it was very annoying. I booked it into Evans Halshaw. Problem was blocked injectors....no problem as the van is under warranty!!!!!! but low and behold I was informed a week later that the injectors were ceased in the engine. Furthermore, because the van had apparently had it's windscreen replaced which they claim was done improperly the warranty is void!!!! as water had got in behind the screen and rested on the engine block causing the problem. I can find loads of cases of the injector problems on line but no case of a warranty being rejected because of a windscreen being replaced and there was no evidence of water leaking into the engine or the van for that matter. Can anyone help??

THIS IS A DESIGN FLAW

I am having issues at the moment so you should put a claim in if you kept all the receipts - they are fobbing you off cos its a design flaw ---- :

Mine was leaking water - they pointed the finger at the windscreen fitters but after 10 weeks have admitted that its the sponge seal that sits below the windscreen that has failed

THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THIS IS BECAUSE OF A FAILED seal and guess what? my injectors are all seized in too ----

They have offered me a new engine for 1/2 price????? LOL at them

anyway - this is a design flaw and should be treated as such - your stance should be "sale of good act and goods not being fit for purpose" i haven't won yet, they stopped pointing the finger at the windscreen company though...

this is part of an email i got back from them

from HEAD OFFICE "It is my understanding that the solenoid valve has failed, and as your vehicle is outside the manufacturers warranty, we are unable to assist with the cost of this repair to the injectors. Please be assured that we do not have any concerns with these valves failing and therefore it is not considered to be a manufacturing defect.

However, Motorbodies may experience difficulties with this repair as the injectors have seized and therefore they may not be able to remove them as required. We acknowledge that this is a result of water intake due to a leak around the cowl panel. Therefore, as a goodwill gesture, if the injectors cannot be removed to carry out the required repair, and a subsequent larger repair is required, we will cover the difference in cost.

I will request Steve supplies you with the cost of the original repair, and then if you are happy with his quote, you can authorise him to start work on your vehicle. If any subsequential repair is required due to the inability to remove the injectors, we will cover this extra cost involved....."

this COWL PANEL is gunk on mainly 2007-2009 vivaro's so CLAIM your right to not be given shoddy products -

TODAY 27th November vauxhall have said that they actually improved the cowl on newer models.....they accept the fact that water wouldn't be in the engine bay without this failure - however they are not fixing it for free...YET.....

I maintain that this item is unfit for purpose and if you have a Van that has water ingress then you have the same item - sucks i know - but THEY are responsible for this - ACCEPT nothing more than a full grovelling apology that they have put a sponge seal in....

I have a letter also that states that WINDSCREEN REPLACEMENT is not to be used as reason to refuse a WARRANTY claim -

if anyone wants this then let me know

Matt

Just been given the same news on my 08 vivaro, told will pay for one new injector under warrenty, but because i have had a new windscreen fitted and it was not sealed correctly ( in there eyes ) and it has let in water to the cylinder block which as caused the injector to go rusty and therefore requiring the head to be removed and 4 new injectors at a cost of £2500.

So if you do not mind me asking how did you get on with your van repair ? did vauxhall pay for any of the costs ?

IF YOU HAVE ALL YOUR RECEIPTS then claim against them for supplying a faulty product - Too much rain in england was an excuse given to me about the cowl failing _ with a £4,000 plus fix that they kindly offered to pay half for - Well its still a £2,000 plus fix....so no....they can take their offer and change it and come back and say "sorry - your right-our products are crappy - here let us change it for free for you"

I know these are old post - maybe you won't even get this message- but THIS IS A FLAW and you have 6 years with which to SAY so-

if you want any email addresses, i just started writing to DUncan Aldred - the Chief Executive - Google it :)
let me know if i can help

Matt

Hi there;

I am a sad owner of a Vauxhall Vivaro 2008/9 with an M9R Engine.

I am in the process of taking Vauxhall Motors to court. They offered to inspect the Vehicle after I'd already taken it to the main dealer who refused to look at it. Trouble is it is out of Tax, MOT and insurance and ultimately has caused the closure of my Business.

The financial ombudsman was useless, and so was GMAC

Now I've just finished my preparations to take Vauxhall Motors to Court. Its amusing as they keep calling me as they have a guilty conscience due to the design flaw in the engine (Stuck injectors caused by galvanic corrosion).

My Question is, is there anyone on here who has taken Vauxhall to the cleaners and they have paid in full??? I'm sueing for £5k

Is that the Isuzu common rail engine as fitted to the Trooper?
Had loads to do with these, including getting the injectors out.
Leak oil and diesel into the coolant, they do, due to seals failing on the bottom of the injector sleeves.
John :)

Vauxhall injector design flawa.

I am interested in if you have taken this any further or any legal action has been successful as we are in the same boat and about to embark on the same thing.

Sponsored Links
Back