Removing Tyrolean from UPVC windows

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had some Tyrolean applied to some block work on an extension I've built, but the UPVC window is covered in either the Tyrolean or the backing coat.

I've tried hot soapy water, white spirits, kitchen cream cleaner and also UPVC restorer, but nothing has removed it. I can't even scrape it off with my finger nails.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can remove it?

Sponsored Links
how comes whoever did your tyrolean did not cover and tape the windows?
ok to be honest i made this mistake a few years back and i tried everything t-cut the lot the only thing i found worked was a decent scraper like a filling knife, one of the square ones with just a small strip along the top as a handel, with a peice of rag over the end and shed loads of elbow grease.
sorry if that dont really help but someone else might be able to throw some light onto this one for you.
if you do try this way jst to see what happens make sure its a damp cloth and i rubbed a bit of t-cut onto the stain first.
oh yeah and be very carefull.

As JRP says "be careful", especially if it's onto the glass itself, because nothing scratches glass more easily than products with sand in them.

also sorry to forget to mention this.
unless you did the tyrolean yourself if u was you i would call the plasterer back and show him the damage and ask him to rectify it, after all if he had taken the proper precautions your windows would not be in a state. also that way if something does go wrong really its down to him.
well thats what i think anyway when im on one of my jobs if i break something or ruin something and it was genuinly 100% my fault then its down to me or my insurance to sort out ;)

Sponsored Links
I was cleaning concrete splashes off glass last week with a Stanley scraper, the one with a Stanley blade,
worked well, not a scratch left on the glass.

sovent cleaner used by window fitters
the proper stuff get down too a upvc window firm that makes them and get a bottle of the stuff its the nuts trust me
its worse when youv foreot too clean off the plaster fom
the frames and you go back and its stained the whit frames use it m8 trust me
just if you use it in doors open all the windows and doors or youll get high
used it back in the summer all the windows and doors cloced then it hight me why is the room
spining
wicked stuff used it all the time at work on everything it cleans it all
iv even got too get some myself i tend too keed a bottle in the bucket at work

your plasterer should have covered the windows and then removed anything he still managed to get on your windows before he left!!

TARDY!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back