Gledhill Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, some years ago I had a PCB replaced after a failure of the system i.e a loud buzzing was coming from the cylinders control panel. about 8 weeks ago the buzzing returned briefly but after a few weeks stopped. Now it seems that often the hot water is not as hot as before and if you use the shower it runs out quickly. I hava a suspicion that the heat generator pump is continuing to run for hours after the boiler stops and the heat is beiing lost through the heat exchanger in the Potterton heat generator which is in the garage. Has any body else had this problem? :?:

Sponsored Links
pump overrun on the suprima in built in to the curcit board using the normal thermostat sensor

hence if the pump is continueing to run the board might be a place to start
try a search on suprima

btw make sure you have the tissues handy (not a mick take) ;)

Sponsored Links
It's always struck me that there MIGHT be a potential problem with pump overrun and heatstores of this type. Assuming the heatstore and the pipes to the boiler are well-insulated, it seems possible that after a burn, the pump overrun will start and never stop because the water coming back from the heatstore will be kept hot by the heatstore! What's the switching temperature for Suprima overrun?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back