Is this a good new system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a new extension and so my old Ideal Classic LXFF boiler, about 8 years old, has to go. (Although building inspector said I could make a case for keeping it, so there is obviously some discretion at least in Wandsworth BC).

I reckon I might as well get rid of it now and get a condensing boiler, as financially it is even weighted: the energy savings v keeping an old boiler going. I want to keep going with an open vent sealed system as I cannot use the roof space where the cold water tank is and I want a hot water cylinder as an airing cupboard, among other useful reasons.)

The house is 4 beds, one bath and one shower.

I am ready to go for a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 428 (£852 inc VAT), plus a Valiant Instor 155 litre hot water cylinder (£572 inc VAT).

I reckon this is a good, conservative choice, with everything Valiant. The hot water cylinder seems to have an expansion vessel. Would this be duplicating the expansion vessel I have in the loft?

In which case, am I wasting money?

Sponsored Links
I want to keep going with an open vent sealed system
:confused: :confused:

you mean sealed heating open vent hot water :?:

you want to replace the cylinder with an unvented one :?: :?:

the ex vessel on the cylinder has nothing to do with the one you already have ;)

I want to keep going with an open vent sealed system
:confused: :confused:

you mean sealed heating open vent hot water :?:

you want to replace the cylinder with an unvented one :?: :?:

the ex vessel on the cylinder has nothing to do with the one you already have ;)

Sorry about if it was garbled. The old, non-condencing boiler has a red expansion vessel in the roof and a cold water tank.

So, basiccally, its a sound choice as a replacement?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back