No 30Amp cooker radial in house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a flat which was developed in 2006, i have just removed the kitchen and discovered the cooker connectd to a 13amp fused spur on a 32amp ring, connected via 2.5mm twin and earth. There is no dedicatee fuse in the consumer board for the cooker.

My new kitchen is due to land next week and i am not comfortable connecting the cooker as it was.

The problem is the consumer unit is on the other side of the flat to the kitchen and there is no simple way to install the correct connection without removing ceilings and channelling walls.

Any advise appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A 2 kW ish oven is commonly fitted with a plug and plugged into a regular 13 amp socket.

And you can have a gas hob, with a plug for the ignition part.

What type of cooker do you currently have?
What is it's electrical power in kW?

I assume your existing cooker is gas (or electric oven gas hob) if it's plugged into a socket. If you've gone and ordered a powerful electric cooker/induction hob, you have two options.

1. Change it for a gas one
2. Have a suitable cooker circuit installed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back