can't find browning, bonding or hardwall? please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have hit a problem. With yur advice I started plastering a wall.
The method I chose was unibond, sand/cemennt/plasticicer scratch coat followed by browning, bonding or hardwall
and then finishing plaster. This is my first attempt at anything like this.
I have done the scratch coat and it looks good. I then when to my local diy shop and to my surprise they don't store any of the undercoats!
I have no other shops around and don't drive. What they have is thistle oone coat plaster, thistle muti finish, thistle dry wall and thistle finish
Are any of these suitable? Can I do with out the browning, bonding or hardwall??

Also, how hard should be obe coat before I apply the next one?

Thanks, your help has got me really inspired and so far it's going we'll, this further advise would be most appreciates.
Mnetol

Sponsored Links
HOw confident are you at putting on another coat of sand and cement, ruling it off flat and true, floating it with devil float ? Then skim after 24hrs with multi or board finish.

The operations are basically the same, it's just that the. material handles a bit differently

I'm surprised you can't get the undercoat plasters locally,, London. Have you tried B*Q, Wickes, or the different local builder merchants in your area??
Using one coat plaster is different to using undercoat/finishing plasters. "One coat plaster" as the name suggests, is used as an undercoat plaster initially, but once on the wall, and it's been leveled/screeded off, it is then worked with a float as it is going off, to produce a "fine cream", which becomes the "finishing plaster" which is then troweled up smooth as a finish. It's a different way of plastering, (material wise), which might not be suitable for you at the moment. See if you can get a friend to take/drive you to the nearest builder merchant for the plaster you need, or top coat render, then multi or board finish as Micilin suggested.

Sponsored Links
Good thinking John,,,,, get it delivered,,,, never thought of that,, ah well. :rolleyes: :LOL:

if your getting it delivered dont go to wickes little ****ers wnated like £30
delivery for a pallet of muilti finish and some metle stid work
iv i was you id get to the nerest trade point register with them get a card and use them
i do all the time now
good prices
but we have found some local builders yards that are guarenteed next day
delivery.
but trade point is the way to go for plaster muilti board browning bonding hardwall tough coat sound coat all plasterboard stud work
coving need i go on
trade-point11.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back