halstead high ace combi - Hot water problems please help :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Me and my wife have just moved into our first home and we have noticed a problem with the hot tap.

first i would like to say that the central heating works fine (very hot!) lol

what it is with the hot tap is you turn it on a little then the hot water if really really hot, cant even put your hand under it hot... but if you put it on all the way it goes a loot warm nearly cold.

this is very annoying for the mrs and i when washing up and running baths!

please can someone help.

thank you very much for your time :)

si

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sounds as though the boiler could be working ok to me :)

If the flow rate is sufficiently low the boiler will heat the water to the temperature setting on the boiler...typically up to 60 degrees if set on maximum. More than 45 degrees and it's going to hurt. Open the tap fully and the boiler may struggle to heat the water so turn the flowrate down.

i have no idea why the preasure has jumped up to 2and a half! its usually on 1 and half....

6f44609a.jpg

Poor hot water temperature is a common problem with badly specified and poor quality boilers I'm afraid!!, it is something that you may have to learn to live with or spend money on a bigger combi (this assumes that there is no fault on the boiler) ;)

If you don't want the water scalding hot then turn the temperature control down.

You've got the heating on so the system water will have expanded in volume and the pressure goes up. Ideally with the heating cold the pressure should be about 1 Bar and hot should be no more than 2 Bar. The reason it's too high is an expansion vessel (behind the boiler) that's low on air pressure....very rarely do they get checked/re-charged with air.

If the pressure goes anymore than 2.5 you risk the safety valve opening. You may want to consider a service/safety check and get the vessel pre-charge set to 0.8 Bar.

i know how to releace the preasure, i shall wait for it to settle and then let some preasure out.

its not that the water is scolding its just i want hot water to come out when i turn the tap on fast or even medium speed... only way to run a bath is to have the tap on very slow

The boiler will produce water at bathing temperature at around a standard bucket full per minute...it often takes 10 to 15 minutes to run a bath with combis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back