HELP, BATHROOM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( :cry: Just had new bathroom fitted by a local firm. Had seen their work previously, all good.

As ever, whenever they set foot in my house things always go wrong!!

Shower over bath. Taps in the centre of the bath. There is one small area of the bathroom unfinished but all usable. Water coming through kitchen ceiling. Tested and discovered this is coming from behind the taps when using the shower. The base of the taps is very close to the wall, not much space.

When they first fitted the bath they put a clear mastic seal all around it (but not behind the taps, I noticed). Tiles went on, then final white seal all around bath. Somme attempt made to go behind the bath taps but not much mastic there.

Their solution is to come and put mastic behind taps. I am really not happy and want the tiles taken off behind the taps so that the seals can be done properly, otherwise I will forever have a problem with water getting down behind the taps.

Appreciate any advice guys please :confused: :)

Sponsored Links
Should have fitted the bath BEFORE tiling. :(

If you can't get the bath refitted then you need to look at those ugly plastic bath seals that are fitted around the bath.

Should have fitted the bath BEFORE tiling. :(

If you can't get the bath refitted then you need to look at those ugly plastic bath seals that are fitted around the bath.

They DID fit the bath BEFORE the tiling.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back