Which radiator brand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a aluminium panel radiator and have a choice of Apollo Faral Tropical or the radiator company radiators. Which one is best, or are they about the same?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can anyone give me any pointers on which radiator brand to buy?

Thanks

Do not use ally rads much , but when we have , have used the farrel rads !

They have been making ally rads since I can remember a lonnngggg time !!

Are aluminium rads still good? The chap at the plumbing supplies said they were still the best rad...

Sponsored Links
Most rads put in would be of the steel type , dare say ally conducts heat better than steel , but they are not or were not cheap , never had any trouble with the ones we used & they were fitted years ago !!!

Most inhibitors you buy nowadays are suitable for ally , never used to be the case !!but be on the safe side ?? before adding any chemicals to the system just make sure it is suitable for ally !!!

Faral usually have the best finish and as said they've been around for years. They do conduct heat well, but sometimes too well leading to streaky marks up your wallpaper. To avoid this, oversize them and don't put too much flow temp through them (70 max). I've been told the marks are caused by dust particles carbonising at over 80 degC. Might be complete b*ll*cks to cover up poor design but best be on the safe side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back