lost screw for automatic air vent on baxi 105he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105he and yesterday it stopped working and we found a leak coming from the pipe at the bottom of our downstairs radiator. We tightened the valve and the leak stopped. Bled the radiators from 1st floor too second floor. Whilst other half and brother in law were up in the loft trying to re pressurise the system fo some reason they loosened the screw on top of the automatic air vent and lost it (!!) Does anyone know what size it is, where I can get a new one and how important it is? Can I have the heating on or is it best to wait until the screw is replaced?
Would appreciate any help at all thanks ever so much
:oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
The screw on the auto air vent is meant to be left loose and if there is no water coming from it then the valve is working ok and you can use your boiler.Once the air is vented from the auto air vent the float inside rises and closes the valve.The screw is only use during repair work to boiler or system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back