Which Alarm

Sponsored Links
Yes, you have to have 230 ac stepped down. So if a spur is fitted part p applies.
Visonic comes approved with a US style plug. Cut it off fit a 3 pin and no worries it still conforms to G2.
Rather fit a spur myself.

even if it is 18volt?

Fixed wiring is fixed wiring regardless of the power source, so Part P should always be adhered to.

Whether you have to notify the installation depends on the location.

Sponsored Links
Part P applies to ALL fixed wiring. There's no special exceptions for alarm panels.
Care to post links to ALL the relevant 'bits' that backup that statement because there are thousands of alarm Cos/Engs out there who are doing it.

Visonic wireless kit is good it comes with a panel, with speech dialler that phones 4 numbers, bell box, 2 fobs for setting and unsetting, door contact and 2 pet pir's
http://www.citysecuritysystems.co.uk/wireless-intruder-kit

The detectors that come with the kit are pre programmed to the panel, its only additional detectors that need to be programmed

Hope this helps

Part P applies to ALL fixed wiring. There's no special exceptions for alarm panels.
Care to post links to ALL the relevant 'bits' that backup that statement because there are thousands of alarm Cos/Engs out there who are doing it.

Ahh the Part P arguement again.

Thousand of people might be doing this, a minority who could claim to be alarm engineers.
All against the law if not testing and providing a certificate for the minor works.
Your intelligent enough to post on a website, Google the regulations. Or buy a copy from BSI.

Page 5 of the Approved Document P in the big box where it says to what Part P applies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To be honest, in 25 years in the industry I've NEVER come into contact with a Galaxy. Never even removed a duff one. I've seen them in Gardiners but have only ever used the Texecom and Scanny stuff. I remember an old grey Galaxy from about 1990 - is that one related?

Blimey, you have led a sheltered life then, and no insult intended. I have worked on just about everything over about 25 yrs as well to include locks cctv access fire and intruder.
Old grey Gal was probs a 16 plus and the old sad keypad. Loved scannys, and menvier. They lost direction for a while when amalgamated. Doing well now. Texe is good now. Saw the first demo of a veritas 8, it blew up in the salesmans demo case..........Not a fan of old Castle, but they are getting good reviews from others in the industry now.

Just a quick overview.

I had the Visonic Powermax wireless in my home for about 9 years.
I had trouble sourcing the batteries and usually had to contact the installer who was able to source them from a place 50 miles from my home.

The last time the batteries failed I decommisioned the alarm.
I had some rather nasty intruders recently who finished off some of the decommissioning on the outdoor sounder. :(

I'm thinking off fitting a new wired system which dials my phone but be 100% certain its not a false alarm which has happened in the past.

Phoning up the police and sending them to a false alarm is something I want to avoid.
It took the police over an hour to reach my property after the 999 call went through and the intruders were still in my home when the call was made. Its just by chance that someone was there to alert the police.
I made it home in 20 minutes but too late.

You can get the visonic to listen in and hear the intruders.
All in the manual.

Bats are easy to get the hardest would be the panel one but with some advanced thinking tou could get an alternative with the same MA rating.

Good panel.

You will never guarantee against a false alarm. But you can think of designing the system thoughtfully and training all the end users correctly.

You will never guarantee against a false alarm

i phone and dvr over an internet connection with covert or inaccessible cameras???? I don't know. :confused:
Only googled it breifly and watched a U tube video one company was promoting.

To be able to have a look at the property from a remote location is what I would like ideally.
So when my phone rings signalling alarm activation I can have a look and see if someone is busting my front door down.

my Galaxy alarm calls the monitoring room with a digital signal saying what sensors have been triggered and when. So it might say e.g. "back door opened 16:01:10 Hall sensor triggered 16:01:15. Living room sensor triggered 16:02.05" (I have sensors on the external doors, and also in the hall)

so they can tell if someone has got in and is walking around inside the house. If they only get 1 sensor they call me or the keyholders; if they get 2 or more they call the polkice. I believe this is considered a confirmed alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back