Optima G3 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not au fait with burglar alarms as such but was given instructions on how to replace my old Optima alrm box with a new Optima G3 box and at present I'm having dificulty in setting it. After putting in my code and selecting the upper landing [2] in omit setting all the red lights appear and although the exiting tone comes alive it just continued to sound and goes on and on . This was some months ago now and in a nutshell I have gone without protection but this new DIY site was suggested on Google......

I was wondering if anybody could suggest some constructive advice on getting the alarm up and running - Christmas is coming and my wife feels vulnerable alone in the evening if I'm not at home

Sponsored Links
Again a G3 panel in the hands of the uninitiated.
Sorry but you will have to read the manual very carefully to get it to work.
There is not enough space here to walk you through the system settings.

FAO Alarm Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try and seek out a manual and take it from there

Since my last post I obtained a copy of a neighbour's instructional booklet for said alarm and have successfully got it up and running withot great difficulty and have now copied the booklet for future reference. The website has to be congratulated and I would certainly not hesitate to use this site again and recommend it to others like me who are keen DIYers but need guidance from time to time.

Sponsored Links
I can't see how anyone helped you really.

We, well i made the op have a look and use his noodle.
Fair play to the person for having an attempt. Not asking dim dumb questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back