valliant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water pipes were making a funny clanking sound last night, have been for last 4 nights. Turned off boiler(Valliant Atmotec plus) and now neither hot water or rads will come on. When I switched it on again this morning it sounded as if it had fired up but just went stright off again. Itd brand new!!! Instructions in french so I can't read them!!

Sponsored Links
Live in france and cant read the french instructions! O dear.

Presumably there is a pressure guage on the front of the boiler. Does this show pressure in it? Sounds like its running dry.

Live in france and cant read the french instructions! O dear.

Presumably there is a pressure guage on the front of the boiler. Does this show pressure in it? Sounds like its running dry.

this is going to sound a bit thick...; does the pressure gauge go from empty box to grey to red and there is an arrow? If that is the case then the arrow is pointing at nothing

Yes, the needle needs to be pointing at roughly 11 o'clock.

Can you see a braided metal hose anywhere attached to the pipework or under the boiler?

Sponsored Links
no there are just copper pipes coming from under the bouler. there are 2 plastic looking taps onright under boiler too but nohiing like you describe. Thanx for taking the time to talk to me by the way. Am rubbish at this sort of thing. Wouldn't be quite so bad if I could read the instructions mind!!!

Plastic taps will be what we are looking for. Turn both these 90deg so they are in line with the pipe that they are on. You should here water flowing into the boiler now. allow the needle to raise to 11 o clock then turn both valves off again.

O cool brilliant THANKYOU!!!!!!!Something is definitely happening!!!! I will wait a few mins and test rads and water!! : :p

well definitely got hot water and warm radiators now!!! Thankyou, you're a life saver!! My partner and his 2 kids are turning up in a bit and I seriously didn't fanct having no water or heating!!! The boiler is making lots of happy sounding noises now so hopfully all is well :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back