grundfos pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope someone can help.

I have just turned on the heating for the winter and the downstairs rads were not getting hot. I checked online and it suggested turning off the trv on the upstairs rads and turn the pump to max to push water through.

This worked and the downstairs rads got hot, I then turned on the upstairs rads. They got hot also. Great....

But then when they cooled down the pumo doesnt seem to come back into action and does not work. any ideas??

Sponsored Links
It sounds likely that you switched the pump to a different setting with the pump switched on, they don`t like this, so switch the pump off and turn it to the number one or two setting and see if that works. if it does not, listen to hear if the pump is humming.

tried that and no difference and pump not making noise. this happened earlier today as well and I let everything cool down turned back on and again it worked (pump made humming noise) until everything came up to temperature then stopped (this of course could be a coincidence) but thought worth mentioning incase pumps have some saftey cutout if they get too hot (not sure why it would get too hot though)!!! Pump housing still very warm at present

If the pump is not making any noise and you are sure it is switched on I am afraid it seems that you need a new pump. Unless you have a wiring problem, i,e, no powere to the pump.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back