ferroli combi boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a ferroli domina 80 combi and have been having problems with it ever since moving in 3 years ago. It seems to be worse in the winter months. I can run the heating for a while and it works fine but once system is hot after running for an hour or so it keeps failing to fire up and gives up even trying, very annoying when trying to have a shower. during colder months it struggles right from the start and burner goes out as if there is not enough gas getting through.
have spoken to a couple of plumbers and they just say it will be trial and error to find faulty part and could cost a lot. so hoping somebody could help me.

Sponsored Links
Might be worth giving national grid a ring on 0800 111 999 and having the meter/govenor checked out before calling a RGI,

gaz, not sure what venturi`s are????
picasso, can they check gas pressure coming in to the boiler? do they charge?

do you have any idea why it it so much worse when its cold weather, the gas supply is run externally around the house from meter to boiler, is it possible that cold conditions could be affecting the pipe somehow?

Sponsored Links
Did the previous owners have this problem? when was it last serviced?,out of interest, what size is the gas pipe?. thanks.

not sure about previous owners, we have always had the issue since we moved in though. we had it serviced last year. gas pipe is 22mm i think

gaz, not sure what venturi`s are????
picasso, can they check gas pressure coming in to the boiler? do they charge?

do you have any idea why it it so much worse when its cold weather, the gas supply is run externally around the house from meter to boiler, is it possible that cold conditions could be affecting the pipe somehow?

nat grid will check the meter for free, if it isint the meter or govenor at least you have ruled it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back