Napco Gem-P1632 panel help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I live in a small village in Hungary but I am English. My friend who is Dutch owns a farm here. Having been burgled 3 times he had a GEM-P1632 panel fitted with telephone monitoring. Unfortunately he was burgled and the monitoring company took 3 days to respond so he canceled his contract.

The problem we have is that the burglars broke the siren off the wall and smashed it. This all happened over a year ago and he has been unable to find anyone who can repair it. I am the 3rd friend to try to get it working. I have the panel ok without the siren connected. However I try, I cannot get the panel to accept his access code when I connect the siren and the siren continues to sound. We do not have an engineers code or obviously a dealer code.

Is it possible for me to connect the siren without an engineer’s code and get it functioning?

If so would you help me with the wiring of the siren? The siren cables connected to the panel are as follows
Brown +v
Blue -AUX
White N
Green zone
Yellow zone with EOL resistor
Red not used.
The siren has 2 circuits, 1 for Espirit panels and 1 for DSC and Penta panels. As the Espirit uses a 3.15A fuse and this wiring does not appear to have a fuse I am assuming this is not an Espirit panel.
On the DSC and Penta circuit the wiring is a follows
bell + to + on siren
Bell – to N
Aux – to –
Tam to zone on panel
Tam to zone on panel with EOL resistor
Any help would be really appreciated
I have uploaded the panel diagram as a jpeg, I hope it is readable. It is in my images folder,
Many thanks
Cliff

Ps anyone know where I can order 2.2K resistors in the UK. My wife is there at the moment. Tried Maplins but they want product code lol.

Sponsored Links
Bell + To bell +
Bell - To Bell Trigger
Aux - To Bell 0vdc
Zones with resistor to bell tamper

Thanks for help
but which is bell trigger and which is Bell 0vdc on siren?

The jpeg I put up was a page from the manual you posted, sent them an email Mon but haven't had reply.

Many thanks Alarm, still can't work out the product code at Maplins! I worked for 20 years in Domestic appliance repairs, 5 years as electricians mate on commercial/industrial and public installations but am not an electronics bod. If you have a moment would you give me the code as I have no idea regarding wattage of resistors etc. I just want a 2.2K resistor lol.

Was also from London, grew up in Cheam/Sutton, came to Hungary from Sth Norwood (SE25)

Sponsored Links
How are you finding it? Any language yet? Many Brits over there?

Resistor http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=341607

Terminals 3 and 4 will be bell triggers. On panel'
Use a zone for the tamper CCT, Progged as tamper, using text bell tamper.
6 or 7 could be programmed as strobe if it has one on the siren.
Looks like brown and blue are power white is trigegr.

I`d need to see a pic of the terminals on the siren for anything better, The panel is a piece of typical american wiring.

Got someone I chat to on another site living out there by some massive lake hes a ex motorcycle cop and loves it there. Cannot remember the lake now but seen the pics.

Will give the alarm another go over the weekend. My friend wants to go away for winter and is really worried about getting burgled again.

As for the Hungary questions. I really like Hungary, it is very scenic and the people are ok. We are the only English living in the village (pop. 500), there are a few Germans and a couple of Dutch.
The lake is lake Balaton, the biggest lake in Europe, quite spectacular. We live about 20 mins from the sth east side of the lake. My village is called Nagyszakacsi. The name translates to Big Chefs. Many years ago the then King gave this land to his chefs as thanks and there is a festival every year to celebrate.
As for the language, it is very, very difficult. I have been here for a year and have learnt words (beer, wine, lol) but putting a sentence together will take many years I think! I was on a bus the other day and looking at a notice regarding luggage or something and one word had 27 characters in it. Some of the Hungarian letters of the alphabet each have 2 characters!
Apparently we picked the wrong year to move here, last year was the worst in Hungary for, snow, rain (major floods), ticks (killed our dog), bad summer, and they say this winter is going to be worse.

Thanks again Alarm, will let you know how I get on. Have a great weekend.

Cliff

I have now got the panel working with no faults and can arm it ok as long as the siren isn't connected. As soon as I connect the siren it goes off and I cannot stop it.

If I have connected the siren correctly, which I think I have, then the problem lies with the zone doubling as when the siren is connected the panel shows a fault on zones 6 & 14. One being a room and the other the siren.

Here is how I connected to the siren

3 (+V) on panel to +V on siren
4 (-V) on panel to N on siren
6 (-AUX) on panel to -V on siren
21 (+TAM & EOL) to TAM siren
22 (-TAM) to TAM siren

I used 21 & 22 as one of the original cables (yellow with EOL) was marked 21.
As so many people have had a go at this I can not be sure the cable was in 21 when the alarm last worked.

I found someone had fitted an additional sensor outside without using an EOL res., but my friend assures me it worked. I kept getting a fault until I fitted the resistor and that cleared the fault. Maybe it had dropped off as the original fitters had twisted the cables to the resistors without so much as some tape wrapped round them. Please tell me this isn't normal!

Hopefully the wiring for siren and panel is below

//www.diynot.com/network/pokermad/albums/

Thanks in advance,

I have done that, the cables are correct from panel to siren, I was only concerned that when a further (2) sensor was added by different people they may have changed the zone from the original. 1 was fitted by a qualified engineer from Germany who was on holiday here but ran out of time and had to return home. If I can't program which zone is siren then I have to hope that the original zone is still correct.Tested cable with multi meter.

21 and 22 is wrong should be 20/21 22/23 to start with. That will be pulling up a zone falut as you are shorting two zones.
What are P - N- FL on the sounder not seen that before.

Sorry I did use 20/21, just typed it wrong here.

P= Positive alarm trigger
N=Negative alarm trigger
FL= External flash trigger terminal.

I have the bell by the panel, only way to stop the sound is to disconnect the battery from it.

Does it look like I have the wiring correct and is it possible for me to program the panel not having an engineers code?

Thanks for your support pal

Cliff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back