Paddle Mixers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure we've all done it (or maybe not), but the other week I arrived at an ongoing job to find my paddle mixer upended into a bucket of water (and the power left on :oops: ), and it's now died even after stripping it down and drying it all out. This is not the first time this has happened, but the couple of times previous I was present and got it dried out quickly. This time it had been knocked over some time during a weekend and had been saturated for at least one night. It is (or was) an Evolution like this one. http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...xer-230v/path/airless-sprayers-paint-mixers-2

This is about as cheap as you can find for such a tool and I was thinking of just getting another one, especially as I now have a load of spares for one and it has served me well for a few years now, although I am not spreading around the clock by any means. But I was wondering what do the pros use or recommend? My local merchants have a nice Belle in stock, but at nearly £180 it's twice the price.

And I know this should strictly be in tools, but it is fairly plastering specific.

Sponsored Links
alright keyplayer, to be honest with you i use a evolution mixer everyday all day, i know its a cheap mixer but one days work and its more than paid its self off.

they usually last me about 2 too 3 years and when they break i cnt see the point in replaceing them youd might aswell buy a new one for a one-er.

although i do buy a bigger whisk for it just to speed up the mixing process.

if your not plastering everyday then dnt worry just buy a new one and try and stop leaving it upside down in buckets of water that always helps prolong the life of any power tool haha :LOL: :LOL:

just thought i would show you all this i won it on e bay a year ago for 99p i sat down all ready for a bidding war but nobody else bid on it, , but i sold it to dodge because its 240v and i only use 110v its the eibenstock aka as the refina megamixer View media item 27607

Sponsored Links
alright keyplayer, to be honest with you i use a evolution mixer everyday all day, i know its a cheap mixer but one days work and its more than paid its self off.

they usually last me about 2 too 3 years and when they break i cnt see the point in replaceing them youd might aswell buy a new one for a one-er.

although i do buy a bigger whisk for it just to speed up the mixing process.

if your not plastering everyday then dnt worry just buy a new one and try and stop leaving it upside down in buckets of water that always helps prolong the life of any power tool haha :LOL: :LOL:

That's what I wanted to hear! Although you may find just replacing the brushes will get you another couple of years for around a tenner. Simple job to do as well.

get yourself a refina megamixer or an eibenstck the dearest and best you can get and last you a lifetime

Can't argue with that although I don't see them coping either with being submerged in a bucket of water for too long. To be honest, with the amount of whisking I do I can't really justify the price of these. Although @ 99p.................

Thanks to all responders..... I'll get another Evolution I think. And try and keep it dry!

all my mixers has been secondhand, ive had 2 refina mm22, one was £50 and the other was £120, the eibenstock as you can see was 99p and i also bought a refina mm30 for £100, i would rather buy a good refina mixer secondhand than a new cheap one, it will probably still have more life left in it than the cheap one as well, a little while ago i saw this story of a contractor who took his refina mixer in to be serviced, and the, refina people recogised the mixer as being one of the first to be made and offered him a new one so they can keep the old one in there museum, it was 18 years old and it was estimated to have knocked up 40,000 bags of plaster , heres the link so you can read it for yourself
http://www.refina.co.uk/recommendations.php

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back