51 plate mondeo not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had the fuel pump replaced as nothing was getting down to the filter underneath the car as guided by the aa after a call out, then a week later after it running fine its died again

aa came out, loads of fuel to the rail, sparking fine but not turning over.

just replaced the cam sensor any other ideas?????

Sponsored Links
Petrol Mondeo?

Is it turning over on the starter?

If yes, then the injectors are not opening. Check the main relay/fuse, but I would have thought the fuel pump would also be on that relay/fuse. Maybe it has its own, so worth checking. Both the relay and fuse will be in the fuse box (as far as I can remember). And check the wiring loom going to the injectors. Do a "wiggle test" on the loom. Wiggle the wires and see does it start to work! Could be a bad/corroded connection.

Double check you have a spark at all plugs.

If you have a spark and fuel it should make some attempt to start.

yes its petrol, its doing all the right noises up until the moment it fires into life so def a fuel problem i think

Got the lid for the relays and fuses off but dont know what it looks like or how to test?

Have got spark to all plugs the aa guy checked that with the thing that goes between the ht lead and plug to show the spark and he said it was very strong

Did it cut out driving along???
If so the immobiliser can be eliminated.
Don't forget to check the fuel cut off switch it by the left hand side front trim panel

Sponsored Links
Yeah this time it did cut out when driving would it pump fuel to the rail if the immobiliser was faulty? The red light next to the clock face is saying its disarmed.

Tried the cut off thanks, beating my head against the wall now im sure its something simple!!

Does it not say on the fuse box cover which relay is the main ignition relay?

You should have 12volts going to each injector when the ignition is on. You can check this with a test bulb. If you have, then its up to the engine control unit (ECU) to earth each injector to switch each one on.

Does the liquid in the tank smell like petrol?

Yeah its def petrol because i filled it up and used 3/4 of the tank

Just loads of hieroglyphics on it that mean nothing to me!!!!

just pictures that represent different electrical elements that might mean something to you but mean nothing to me

Have you got a mate that had a misspent youth (a mechanic) that might help you out?

Not unless you fancy a road trip!!!

Good with tools and stuff due to my job and more than capable of changing parts just the fault diagnosis im having a problem with

If all else fails take the air filter out and pour an eggcup full of petrol into the engine.
REPLACE THE FILTER AND COVER BEFORE TRYING FOR A START.

If it fires, no fuel (injector problem) If it doesn't probably no spark.

BE CAREFUL WITH THE PETROL, IF THE ENGINE BACKFIRES AND YOU HAVEN'T REPLACED THE FILTER AND COVER THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF FIRE.

OUTSIDE WOULD BE BEST.

Definately not a spark problem as he placed a visual check between ht lead and plug and they were all fine, sparking like hell

Sponsored Links
Back