Accessing O rings on Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I do not know the name of the tap. It came as a package with a carron sink.
I have purchased a variety of 4 different pairs of O rings to cre the leak but cannot acces the rings.
From all the literature and videos I have seen it should be a simple matter of lifting the chrome spout assembly off the brass boss. However try as I may it woill not raise ie. come apart.
I have attached jpeg of stripped tap. Would somebody please tell me if there is a different way to access said O rings or am I too weak. Should I unfit the tap and take it to a workbench, help please.

Sponsored Links
Its a ceramic disc tap so you have to replace the whole cartridge if you do not know the name of the taps this will be impossible I would just opt for new tap Imho

The leak is from worn O rings where the spout sits around the brass boss.

Sponsored Links
To access to "o" ring between brass body and spout, you will need to remove the whole tap from sink and there is a bottom brass ring below the base of spout unscrew that and the spout will come out.

It would be best to replace tap.

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back