New Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody think £3500 is expensive for a medium range suite fitted with a seperate shower cubicle, a bath, all pipework replaced and boxed in behind toilet and basin, replastered, tiled floor to ceiling, including floor tiled, all electrics incuding downlighters and extractor fan, and decorated and new skirtings, alcatrave etc in the midlands????

Sponsored Links
Sounds about right to me. If you arrange the trades your self and take more control of the process, then you might get it a bit cheaper. But if you trust that builder, then it’s not a bad price.

I am assuming materials are included?

then it’s not a bad price.

how do you come to that answer your assuming materials are included.
the op has not mentioned nothing on what type of tiles they are
what type suite it is
what make of shower, taps etc.

so £3500 could be miles out depends on so many factures.
going on that price i wouldn't say materials are included.

then it’s not a bad price.

how do you come to that answer your assuming materials are included.
the op has not mentioned nothing on what type of tiles they are
what type suite it is
what make of shower, taps etc.

so £3500 could be miles out depends on so many factures.
going on that price i wouldn't say materials are included.

medium range suite fitted

Why would OP mention the quality of suit, if it wasn't included in price.

As I said, I am assuming . If materials are not included, then its obviously expensive in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
your assuming it is.
As I said, I am assuming . If materials are not included, then its obviously expensive in my opinion.

is it ?
then how long do you expect that type of job to take ?
and at what labour rate per day ?

does anybody think £3500 is expensive for a medium range suite fitted with a seperate shower cubicle, a bath, all pipework replaced and boxed in behind toilet and basin, replastered, tiled floor to ceiling, including floor tiled, all electrics incuding downlighters and extractor fan, and decorated and new skirtings, alcatrave etc in the midlands????

depends?

Also depends on what's there at the moment - how flat are the walls, location of pipes, WC waste, loost plaster, sagging ceiling, rotten floor, lighting, electrics (separate RCD protected bathroom circuit already installed...?)

your assuming it is.

is it ?
then how long do you expect that type of job to take ?
and at what labour rate per day ?

7-8 Days work Max. £450 a day isn't cheap, especially for some of the jobs.

But I wasn't looking at it in days term, I was looking the jobs involved and how much each job would cost.

Well i have just had 2 bathrooms redone with a new fireplace paid £700 labour and sourced all materials myself saved load and the work is great and loving my bathrooms! My grandmother paid £5000 for one bathrooms including materials and its crap my builder is having to do it all over again! be careful. If you need ifo on where to get good quality stuff let me know.

Tommy you' be suprised how much work's involved in a bathroom refit I would suggest when you find a plumber to do the work that you watch over his shoulder as much as possible he wont mind that you're taking a keen interest in the job, also if you think he's made a mistake dont be afraid to point it out immediately he'll thank you for it and after all if you dont tell him how will he ever know he's doing it wrong, dont be afraid to ask lots of questions like are you supposed to do it like that?,those tiles wont fall off will they? and how much longer will it take? if you follow these simple tips you and your plumber will get along fine and the job will run like clockwork. Hope this helps.

£ 450 a day???????????

Got to be having a laugh.

Not even a Gas Registration / qualification overhead required for that type of work.

That's £ 2250 a week

which is £ 117,000 per year, before tax.....

A laugh....

I would suggest when you find a plumber to do the work that you watch over his shoulder as much as possible he wont mind
thats got to be one of the best ways to p*ss a tradesman off

dont be afraid to ask lots of questions like are you supposed to do it like that?,those tiles wont fall off will they? and how much longer will it take? if you follow these simple tips you and your plumber will get along fine and the job will run like clockwork. Hope this helps.

try it you'll more likely find yourself getting someone else in
cause he's had enough of you.
nothing worse than an interfering old git.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back